Birchard Public Library of Sandusky County
The public library is a place where citizens of Sandusky County come to select materials, do research, study and read. The following rules have been adopted for the comfort and protection of everyone using the library. The library staff will enforce these rules in a courteous yet firm manner. We ask that everyone using the library cooperate by maintaining a pleasant atmosphere conducive to study. If any patron is confronted with violations of these rules, he/she should alert a staff member immediately.
1. Weapons are not permitted on library property.
- Unless otherwise authorized by law, pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code, no person shall knowingly possess, have under the person’s control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance onto this property.
2. Disruptive behavior is not permitted on library property.
- Examples of disruptive behavior include the following:
-Roaming, running, or loitering.
-Disorderly conduct described as: shoving or fighting, threatening others verbally or physically; harassing others; excessive noise; using foul or abusive language towards others.
-Misusing library furnishings and/or equipment. Library furniture or equipment may not be moved unless permission is granted by a library staff member.
-Solicitation and distribution.
-Any conduct deemed by the Director as likely to disturb other patrons.
3. Behavior which violates the privacy of other library users is not permitted.
- Recording, videotaping, or photographing other library users without their written consent is not permitted.
4. Smoking (ORC 3791.031), electronic substitutes for smoking, and any other tobacco products are not permitted in the library.
5. Possession of alcohol or illegal drugs is not permitted on library property.
6. Acts of vandalism, theft, drug dealing, or other illegal activities committed on library property will be reported to the police and charges filed.
7. Excessive speed, stunt riding, or any other use of skateboards, skates, bicycles, or motorized vehicles that may cause property damage and/or endanger self or others is not permitted on library property.
7. Appropriate attire, including shirts and shoes must be worn in the library.
If any person violates the above rules, he/she will be asked to leave the library property. Failure to leave will result in the individual being arrested. Repeated offenses will result in the offender being barred from the library property.